Acting as arbitrator in relation to ship building and sale disputes (ICC; SIAC; SCMA).
Acting for Shipyards
- Advising Singapore shipyard following loss caused by the flooding of engine room on a pipe laying barge under construction in a Singapore shipyard
- Advising a shipyard and its insurers following the collapse of a crane with 3 fatalities during rig construction in Singapore
- Acting for an Indonesian subsidiary of Singapore shipyard as counsel in week long SIAC ship repair arbitration in Singapore, subject to Singapore law.
- Advising Singapore shipyard following a fire at their yard in the Philippines and extensive damage to a passenger ship under repair. Case involved litigation and arbitration in Manila.
- Advising Indonesian shipyard in relation to dispute concerning delays to construction of Euro140m jack up rig. SCMA arbitration.
- Involved advising on disputes relating to sale and purchase of various vessels and offshore oil and gas related assets
Acting for Customers/Buyers
- Advising buyer of four vessels in dispute with yard over class related weld and construction quality. All claims settled in full.
- Acting for shipowner in London arbitration relating to purchase of a bulk cargo vessel. Case also involved related litigation in France, Netherlands, South Africa and Hong Kong.
- Acting for Scandinavian buyers in US$40 million dispute with Korean shipyard regarding cancellation of new building contract subject to LMAA arbitration. Receiving award for full claim, cost and interest.
- Advising buyers of nine vessel in relation to various pre-delivery issues