We have experience involving construction projects on land and offshore. Some examples are provided below.
- Dispute over fault in newly built factory in India
- Causation and insurance coverage analysis following collapse of bridge being built between Laos and Thailand
- Causation and coverage review following uneven subsidence of newly built office tower in Singapore
- Handling contractor’s claim for delay caused to subsea riser clamp installation program offshore India due to defective pre-installation survey and non confirming free issue material.
- Handling LCIA arbitration concerning tripod leveling tools to be deployed as part of spread for offshore wind-farm installation in Europe.
- Handling dispute over damage caused to subsea pipeline off Malaysia.
- Advising on insurance cover following explosion at newly constructed oil terminal in Malaysia.
- Advising on claims arising from thyristor failure at new coal fired power station in PRC.
- Advising on liability for defective construction of various other industrial facilities including methanol plant; cement silos; tank farm; site for coal stockpile.
- Advising after damage caused to SBMs supplying power stations following change of tidal conditions due to nearby land reclamation.
- Advising after bridge collapsed due to nearby land reclamation.
- Advising after damage caused to topside unit when it slipped during load out at shipyard.
- Advising after crane collapsed causing fatalities, damage and delay during construction of rig at shipyard.
- Advising on damage caused by flooding of vessel whilst under construction.
- Advising on damage caused to vessels whilst being repaired or modified in shipyards.
- Advising on claims relating to defective construction of various types of vessel.
- Acting as arbitrator in relation to shipbuilding disputes between yard and customers.